Thursday, November 1, 2012

Paper Christmas tree

Paper Forest

Making samples has left me with a bunch of scraps, seems I just can't throw anything away! So, I thought I'd get ready for Christmas with some little tree ornaments. All you need are three circles of printed CS, preferably double-sided. I made my circles 4", 3.5" and  3".

Now, for the next part, you can be precise by scoring, but I just folded mine up to get the crease. First, I folded them in half. Then, I opened them up and folded them in half the other way. I marked the crease lines with a pen so you can see it better.

Then, I matched up the folds diagonally and folded them in half. Do this in both diagonal directions. You should end up with 8 sections.

Next, you need to fold each "piece of the pie" in the middle, but this time you do a valley fold (dotted lines).

Then, I snipped each of these sections to a make short points between each section. Repeat these steps for all three circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment